Hey Syncro Users,
Happy August 1st!
As an MSP, you know that one of the biggest contributors to your success is being able to respond to clients quickly and handle issues in a timely manner.
In order to do this effectively, you need to have a surefire way to weed out the important from the unimportant, and truly spend your time on events and alerts that matter.
Syncro’s Notification Center was built to help you do just that, and automate a bit of the process while you’re at it. With this tool, you can link incoming events and alerts with notifications of your choosing, which are then transmitted via the channels you’d like to be notified in and representative of the types of actions you’d like to react to quickly.
With the power of the Notification Center, you can do things like:
- Receive a text message when a certain RMM Alert comes in
- Import a new Syncro Lead into Salesforce
- Create a Slack notification from a stale RMM Alert
Here’s how this works:
1. To get started, head to the Administration section of your Syncro account, and locate the Notification Center in the left-hand column.
2. Click the “New Notification Set” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. In this example, we have some Notification Sets already created, which we’ve named based on the groups we’d like to be notified about the specific events and alerts used within the Notification Set.
3. On the new Notification Set creation page, you will see a series of fields to complete. These include the name of the Notification Set, the Syncro account Users you’d like to be notified, the Webhook URL you’d like to use (if using this notification type), the additional emails or phone numbers you’d like to include in the notification, and finally, the actual events you’d like to be notified about.
There are several options here to choose from, all created by specific events in your Syncro account. After picking through the list of events you’d like to be notified about, use the options to the right of the event row(s) to select the way in which you’d like to be notified.
You can do some powerful things here, such as receive an email, an SMS message, an in-app notification, a mobile push notification, and/or a webhook.
TIP: When using a powerful automation tool like Zapier, as a Zapier “zap” is created using your Syncro API key, a Notification Set will automatically be created for you in Syncro. Using Zapier allows you to create Notification Sets like send an email if an SLA is breached, or receive a Slack notification about a stale RMM Alert. Let your imagination run wild with the possibilities! Find out more about Zapier here.
To find out a few additional details about how to use the Notification Center, view our Help Center article here. We hope this helps you find ways to be more effective and efficient in your day-to-day tasks!
The Syncro Team