We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: We. Love. Automation.
That’s why we’ve integrated with the most powerful app connector out there, Zapier.
Zapier was created with the goal of helping you save time by way of quickly and easily connecting the tools you’re using for your business, so you spend less time manually transferring data and more time focusing on what matters most – your clients!
In Zapier, you can automate processes by setting up “Triggers” in one app which then perform “Actions” in another app.
With this powerful automation, you can easily do things like:
- Get a phone call when a particular Alert is created
- Create a Lead in Salesforce from a Lead created in Syncro
- Add client info to your Outlook address book when a Customer is created
Let’s use the example of getting a phone call when an Alert is created to learn how to create your first “Zap”…
1. First, log into your Syncro account and make your way over to the App Center.
2. Click on the Zapier card from the list of options.
3. Click on the Beta link located within the card description page to begin testing out the integration.
4. You’ll be directed to a page with more detailed information about the integration, as well as a place to sign into your existing Zapier account or sign up for a new one.
5. After signing into your Zapier account, you’ll be immediately prompted to create your first Zap! Click the “Create this Zap” button:
6. Next you’ll see the Zap setup screen where you can:
- Rename the Zap to your choosing
- Choose a Trigger type
- Rename the Trigger step
7. After choosing your Trigger type and clicking the “Save + Continue” button, you’ll be prompted to select the Account you’d like to use to create the Trigger. To connect your Syncro account, click the “Connect an Account” button and follow the steps in the popup window to allow Zapier to access your Syncro account.
8. Once your Syncro account has been added and selected on the Trigger setup screen, click “Save + Continue.”
9. When creating an RMM Alert Trigger, you’ll be asked to ensure that your account contains at least one recent RMM Alert. Click “Fetch & Continue” to move on.
10. Once the test is successfully completed, you will be prompted to “Continue” and complete the Zap setup by developing the Action next.
11. Click the “+” symbol on the left hand column to begin creating your first Action:
12. In this case, we are selecting the “SMS by Zapier” Action App and using the “Call Phone” option:
13. After clicking “Save + Continue” you’ll be asked to connect the phone number you’d like to use for the Alert notification. To connect the chosen phone number, click the “Connect an Account” button and follow the steps in the popup window to allow Zapier access.
14. After adding the phone number and selecting it on the Action setup page, click “Save + Continue.”
15. From here you will want to complete the appropriate fields to:
- Select a “from” number for incoming alert calls.
- Create the message you would like to hear when the call comes in.
- Select the voice type for incoming calls.
16. Use the “+” icon within the “Message” field to select the Syncro fields you’d like to use within the Alert call. When you’ve completed your setup, click the “Continue” button.
17. From here you will be prompted to either test the Zap or skip this step. If you choose to test, click the “Send Test to SMS by Zapier” button and follow the prompts.
18. Once complete, click the “Finish” button. You’ll then be prompted to turn on your Zap and see the magic happen!
This is just one example of many that make Zapier + Syncro so powerful in automating processes within your business. Please let us know if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. We’d love to hear about any cool Zaps you’re working on, too 🙂
The Syncro Team