Today we are sharing a highly requested update around client-specific permissions within Syncro.
Many Users have asked us to create a new security group permission that enables you to limit access to only a specific Customer. We’re happy to announce that this functionality now exists in Beta form!
With Single Customer Permissions, you can add a Syncro User to your account, but give the User access to only one specific Customer of your choosing. In addition, you can apply even more control via parameters you set up specifically for the one Customer.
Some practical examples where Single Customer Permissions can be useful are:
- You’d like to give a client’s internal IT employee access to their Syncro account.
- You have a contractor that will be doing a project for one of your clients, but you don’t want them to have access to the other clients.
The process for creating a Syncro User account with a Single Customer Permission is simple:
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Head to the Admin area.
- Locate the “Users” section in the left-hand column.
- Click on the “Add User” button at the top of the page (or adjust an existing User).
- Check the “Put in a Customer-Specific Security Group” box.
- Search for the Customer you’d like the User to access by typing into the text field and selecting from the autofill options.
- Be sure to click “Save.”
To learn more about the settings for the Single Customer Permission and make more granular changes, read our Help Center article here.
Some examples of what a Single Customer Permission user can access are:
Note: We consulted with many MSPs on the baseline needs for this feature. Based on the degree of functionality needed to make Single Customer Permissions most useful, we realized this needed to function just as any other User. In consulting with MSPs, they agreed that this cost could be passed on to clients, even at a premium. So building this as a full additional User resulted in the most powerful implementation.
Making Money with Single Customer Permissions:
- It can be used as a way to upsell your client, by allowing them to access the tools you use to manage their devices and charging them extra for it.
- It can save you money by allowing an internal IT employee of your client to service devices/respond to issues rather than sending your own technician or consultant to go on-site.
We hope you enjoy using Single Customer Permissions. Please let us know if you have any feedback by emailing us at email@example.com.
The Syncro Team