Today, we’re sharing a new, highly-requested integration with Malwarebytes.
This integration works using Syncro’s robust scripting engine. Follow the instructions here for a thorough walk-through of how to unlock and utilize the three new Malwarebytes scripts within your Syncro Scripting Library, or follow the instructions below for a quicker step-by-step.
First, a bit about what the Malwarebytes scripts do:
- Installation Script:
- This script silently installs the latest version of Malwarebytes Premium (3.x) using the license key provided in the script variable $LICENSE_KEY and populates some Asset custom fields (Malwarebytes_Version, Malwarebytes_InstallDate, and Malwarebytes_LicenseKey).
- Monitor Threats Script
- This script can be set to run on a schedule to monitor a system that has Malwarebytes Premium (3.x) for threats found during scans or real-time protection events. When an alert is created, it will trigger an RMM alert that you will see in your Syncro Dashboard.
- Malwarebytes Scan Script
- This script simply scans for threats. You have the option to edit some of the arguments in this script if you want to run a different kind of scan.
To install the scripts in your Syncro Scripting Library:
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Head to the App Center.
- Click on the Malwarebytes app card.
- Click the “setup” button on the app details page in order to unlock the three scripts listed above in your Syncro account’s Scripting Library.
NOTE: You will need a valid Malwarebytes Premium license key to utilize these scripts. Malwarebytes Techbench partners can purchase Premium licenses at a sweet discount, apply here to join.
Using the scripts within your Syncro account:
- Manually: If you head into your Asset & RMM module and select the Asset(s) you’d like to manually apply the scripts on from the Asset table, you can click the “Manage” button and “Run Script” option to run any of the three Malwarebytes scripts. After running the installation script, for example, you could then continue by manually setting a schedule for scanning/monitoring threats using the “Monitor Threats” and “Scan” scripts.
- Automated: You can also set up the installation script to run on every Asset a particular Policy is applied on when the Asset is first created in your Syncro account, and then set a schedule for the scan/monitoring scripts to run regularly, on a schedule of your choosing. With this way, you could potentially setup your Malwarebytes script schedule once, and not worry about it in the future. Here’s an example of what that would look like:
If you’d like to ensure that Malwarebytes successfully installed on your Asset(s), you can do this along with checking the version installed and the license key used all via Asset Custom Fields. For example, you can use the Asset Custom Field ‘Malwarebytes_InstallDate’ to confirm when Syncro was able to install Malwarebytes on the Asset.
We hope you enjoy using this integration and look forward to hearing any feedback you have. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To get a more in-depth look at the integration, reference our Malwarebytes Help Center article.
The Syncro Team