Hey Syncro Users – Happy Friday!
Today is all about the RMM (specifically, Policies) within Syncro.
We received feedback from our community of users, asking us to provide more customizable options to the Device System Tray Menu configuration. Well, ask and you shall receive – these new options have arrived!
When first creating (or when editing) a Policy in Syncro, you have the ability to customize the Device System Tray Menu your clients will see by simply overriding the default version and selecting which menu items you’d like to appear.
After configuring your new customized menu options and clicking “save,” the new items will appear in the menu of all Assets assigned to the Policy when a client right-clicks the System Tray icon. Depending on your configuration, your clients will have the ability to do things like quickly and easily view your contact information, send you an email, or run a script.
Here’s how to set up your Device System Tray Menu
- Head over to the Policies module within your Syncro account to view a list of your existing Policies and/or create a new one. You can also get to this list of Policies via the Assets & RMM module, by clicking on the “View” menu and selecting the “Policies” option.
- In this example, we are going to edit an existing Policy to update the System Tray Menu options. The configuration works the same if you’re creating a new Policy as well. After clicking on a Policy from your list, scroll down to the “Device System Tray Menu” section toward the bottom of the page. If you haven’t previously overridden the default menu, it will look like this:
- Click the “Override” link and a new “Add a Menu Item” button will appear.
- Upon clicking the button, three configurable fields will populate for each menu item. “Menu Title” is the text that your client will see within the System Tray Menu. If you click on the “Menu Type” dropdown, you’ll see our newly added options!
Here are the 5 new options we’ve added, in addition to the “URL” and “portal” options that were available prior to this update:
- File (Upon clicking, it will download and run the file you have attached to this option)
- Mail (Upon clicking it will open up your client’s default mail client for them to send an email with the recipient and subject pre-filled)
- CMD (Upon clicking, it will run the command prompt command you’ve set up for this option)
- Text (Upon clicking, it displays the text you added to this option, such as a “help” phone number)
- Divider (Creates dividers in your menu options)
You can edit, delete, or reorder any of these system tray entries. We also now have the option to hide the system tray altogether.
To find out more about how to set up and use the System Tray Menu, please refer to our Policies Help Center article here.
We plan to further enhance and improve this feature over time, so stay tuned for more updates from us soon!
Have a great weekend!
The Syncro Team