Happy Friday. Today we’re sharing a user-requested feature that’s mighty helpful for the multi-location clients you may service.
You can now add a site location to a client’s Assets in Syncro, and use the location as a search query in the Asset search function to bring up all Assets at a particular site.
Here’s how to set up and assign a site location to an Asset:
- First, you’ll want to add the locations (addresses) for each client’s sites:
- First, click this button to edit a Customer’s profile (or create a new Customer altogether):
- Then click on the “Add Another Address” button on the edit page:
- Next, fill in the appropriate information for each address.
- Repeat this process until all locations have been added for a Customer.
- Click the “Save Changes” button at the top of the screen.
- From here, you can simply attach a site location to an Asset via the Asset List Page:
- Head over to the “Assets & RMM” tab in your Syncro account.
- Locate the “Site” column and click on the drop-down menu that appears in the row of the Asset you wish to add a location to.
- You should see a list of all the locations you added to the Customer profile earlier:
- Pick the appropriate site and your choice will automatically save.
- You can also assign a site location to an Asset by clicking on the Asset name from the Assets list:
- And using the site selector here:
Note: The main address (listed first under the Customer’s profile) will appear as a “blank” option when you’re assigning a site to an Asset. Upon selecting this option and refreshing the page, the site location will be listed as “None Assigned.”
Here are a couple of ways to use Asset location via search:
Let’s say you receive a client request via email/ticket submission, and after some digging, you find that the issue requires a tech to physically go out and service the device on site.
The first thing you’ll want to do is quickly and easily find out where that particular Asset is located, without having to call the person and ask.
Now, you can simply head over to the Assets & RMM tab, filter by the Customer name, and pick out the device with the issue from the search list. From here, you can reference the site column to find out where the client/device is located!
Similarly, let’s say a client’s Asset name isn’t very obvious (to them or to you) or you have multiple clients with similar Asset names in your Syncro account.
By searching for the site name in the Asset search, you can refine your search significantly and view a list of all devices assigned to that location. This should help you locate the specific device for that client.
One example where searching by site name can also be especially useful is if you find that a client’s device is infected and you’d like to take precautionary measures on other devices at the same location to prevent the same issue from multiplying.
Check out our Help Center article here for more information.
We hope you enjoy this time-saving enhancement to the Assets module in Syncro, and looking forward to hearing what you think.
As always, please feel free to email your feedback to email@example.com
The Syncro Team