Today we’re sharing a powerful and exciting addition to the Syncro RMM Agent’s system tray menu: you can now have your clients complete a Contact Form to submit a Ticket to your Syncro account.
This feature has been requested by many of our users, and we’re excited to introduce it to you today in all of its customized glory! Now onto the good stuff…
The Agent Contact Form setup is managed within the Policies module of your Syncro account. We developed the feature in this way so you can complete a one-time set up of the customized Agent Contact Form templates you wish to use with clients and not have to duplicate these settings for each client.
Additionally, you can create different templates for each specific scenario applicable to your business. For example, you could create one form for clients to use only in “emergency” situations, and another form that is used for a “normal” ticket creation or during “weekend” hours. You can even use different logos in each form to make things clearer for your clients.
To set up an Agent Contact Form:
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Head to the Policies module.
- Click on the “Policy Modules” dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Select the “Agent Contact Form” option.
- Click the “New” button to create a new form.
- Complete the fields on the page, including the various pieces of text that make up the Contact Form your clients will see, as well as which fields you’d like to make required.
- Pay close attention to the Ticket creation section of the form, which sets up what happens when a Contact Form is submitted by a client and a Ticket gets created in your Syncro account.
- Be sure to click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
To utilize an Agent Contact Form:
- From the Policies module, click to edit the Asset RMM Policy you wish to enable a Contact Form option on.
- Scroll down to the “Device System Tray Menu” section of the page and select the “Agent Contact Form” Menu Type.
- Give the Menu option a client-facing name in the “Menu Title” field.
- Select the the Agent Contact Form you wish to use from the “Contact Form Policy” dropdown menu.
- Be sure to save your changes at the bottom of the page.
The power of this feature is highly displayed in the Ticket automation aspect. When a client submits the form, a Ticket will be generated automatically in your Syncro account. Depending on what Ticket settings you chose to enable within the Contact Form Policy, you can then trigger automations based on the Ticket issue type or various custom fields. The possibilities are endless!
The Ticket will automatically be associated with the Customer the Asset is assigned to (or the Contact if there is a Contact attached to the Asset).
If the Contact is attached to the Asset, the Contact’s information will be auto-completed within the Contact Form when the client goes to fill it out. If the client decides to edit this information, the information they submitted will be attached as a private note on the Ticket so your team knows what the client inputted on the form. Similarly, if there is no Contact assigned to the Asset, whatever contact information the client inputs within the Contact Form will be attached to the Ticket in the form of a private note.
To learn more about Policies and the System Tray Menu options within Syncro, check out our Help Center article here.
We hope this creates more automation within your business, and makes client communication easier. Please let us know if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Syncro Team