[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.74″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
We hope you’re enjoying a lovely Friday.
Today we’re sharing two new updates with you:
- You can now automatically resolve RMM Alerts and triggers within an Asset’s monitoring tab.
- You can now send SMS messages longer than 140 characters in one fell swoop.
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Head over to an existing Asset RMM Policy or create a new one within the Policies module.
- Locate the “Alerts” section on the Policy edit page.
- You will notice a new column called “Auto-Resolve,” available for certain Alert types. Generally, not a one-time event, but rather the state that the Asset is in, such as “Low Hard Drive Space.”
- With this new update, if both the Alert type and the Auto-Resolve options are check-marked, Syncro will automatically resolve any Alerts, therefore changing the Trigger color from red to green in the Monitoring tab of the Asset, once it recognizes that the issue the Alert has identified has been addressed.
- Be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the Policy edit screen before moving on.
Prior to this update, if you addressed an RMM Alert by fixing the issue identified, in order to resolve the RMM Alert and turn the Trigger from red to green once again, you would have to go into the Monitoring tab of the Asset and manually “delete” (i.e. resolve) the RMM Alert.
Now, if the Auto-Resolve option is checked for a particular Trigger, once the problem is fixed, Syncro will automatically resolve any Alerts and change the Trigger’s red light to green in the Monitoring tab of the Asset. You can still choose to manually resolve the Alerts by leaving the Auto-Resolve option unchecked. This functionality also applies to Agent Offline Alerts! This can be overridden for individual Assets by adjusting at the Asset level.
To learn more about Policy settings and RMM Alerts, please view our Help Center article here.
Sending Longer SMS Messages
Sometimes it make sense to communicate with your clients via SMS messaging. As you probably know, standard SMS messaging requires that an individual message be no longer than around 140 characters, something that the Syncro team also needs to adhere to.
Well, we are happy to say that despite the hindrance of not being able to send messages longer than 140 characters, you can now type your full message into a new Communication on a Ticket, hit “send,” and the Syncro system will automatically parse these messages for you upon sending!
This update makes it so that your full intended message is sent to your client automatically, without you having to manually type 140 characters in each Ticket Communication and send individually. Prior to this update, an error would appear if you tried to type more than 140 characters into a new Ticket Communication.
In addition, we’ve added a new indicator next to the character count field which displays how many individual messages will be sent in order to achieve the goal of sending your full intended message.
To learn more about SMS messaging in Syncro, please view our Help Center article here.
We hope you enjoy these updates, and look forward to bringing you more soon!
The Syncro Team