Happy Friday to you!
Today we’re sharing a highly requested Quality of Life update within Syncro.
You can now disable your client’s ability to pay Invoices via the Customer Portal. Whether you’d like your clients to pay via ACH, by check or some other means, this setting will remove the “Pay Now” button that appears in the Customer Portal and on unpaid Invoices that your clients can open from within the portal.
This setting can be applied both globally or by reaching a smaller subset of your clients through the use of Customer Custom Fields to block certain groups.
To disable payment from the Customer Portal:
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the “Settings” option at the very top.
- Click on the “Invoice Settings” link in the top portion of the left side column.
- Click on the “Advanced” link toward the bottom of the page.
- You will see two new options listed here: one to “Disable all Payments via the Customer Portal” and another to “Disable Portal Payments for this Customer Custom Field” which contains a dropdown list of your Custom Fields to choose from.
- Select one of these two options (the first one to disable globally), and pick a Custom Field if you’re going with the second option.
- Be sure to click “Save” at the bottom of the page after making your selection!
From here you can log into a Customer Portal account that matches your criterion and confirm that the payment options no longer appear.
You can also learn more about various Invoice settings in our Help Center article here.
The Syncro Team