This week we’re sharing a highly user-requested addition to Recurring Invoice billing within Syncro.
We’re happy to report that you can now charge your clients based on the number of Contacts under the Customer’s profile, as well as via Contacts with certain Contact Custom Fields if you want to get even more granular.
First, you’ll want to be sure that the client you’re billing has the appropriate number of Contacts created that you wish to bill them for. To check this:
- Log into your Syncro account.
- Go to the Customers module.
- Search and select the Customer you wish to bill.
- Click on the “Contacts” tab.
- Double check the number of Contacts to ensure you’re billing the Customer the appropriate number, adjust as needed.
Once you’ve verified the number of Contacts you wish to bill the client for, head into a Recurring Invoice or create a new one for the client you’re billing:
- Complete the fields toward the top of the Recurring Invoice.
- When you get to the Add Line Item section of the page, you’ll notice a new addition under the Recurring Line Item type drop-down menu called “Customer Contact Counter.”
- If you select this option, a few fields will populate within the Invoice Editor:
- Name: You can search for an existing Product in your Inventory by typing your response and selecting from the options, but we recommend creating a specific Product for per Contact billing (something that you wouldn’t mind your clients seeing when you send them the Invoice). You can do this by typing your chosen Product name into the field.
- Description: Describe the Line Item charge. This will appear on the Invoice.
- Current Quantity: This automatically gets pulled from the number of Contacts listed under the Customer profile.
- Cost & Price: This will be automatically filled in if you chose an existing Product from your Inventory. If you created a new one, fill in these numbers.
- Check-mark the Taxable and/or One Time Charge options if they apply.
- Contact field type: If you want to get more granular with your per-Contact billing, you can select a Custom Field that the Contact must have applied on their profile in order for the Contact to be counted in the Recurring Invoice charge.
- Click “Add Item to Template” and the page will refresh, showing the newly added Customer Contact Counter Line Item.
The Contact quantity will continue to update on a recurring basis based on the number of Contacts who match your criteria for the Line Item, so your clients are properly charged!
We’ve also added one more small addition to the Recurring Invoice editor: now, at the top of the Recurring Invoice you’re working on, you can see the client’s name and click on the name to be taken to a new tab with the client’s details.
For more information on Recurring Invoicing within Syncro, check out our Recurring Invoice Help Center article.
Enjoy, and please let us know if you have any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Syncro Team