Open PositionDevOps Engineer
Syncro is a small team crafting applications that help small businesses be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, and integrates tons of online tools — and is awesome. We’re to fill a Dev Ops position to help us manage our application developments and infrastructure.
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small businesses be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools — and is awesome. We are open to taking risks with technology, we use ember/react/kubernetes/elixr, and are generally open to exciting fun new stuff!
We’re building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations. We are different – we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and looking at the resumes – not a recruiter or HR department.
We are using heroku with 50+ dynos, our platform consists of a number of rails apps and integrations to other platforms. We’re building a huge inventory system to rival any out there, we’ve built a “remote machine management” platform with an open API, we’re doing it all…
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be part of, we want to hear from you. Do you play around with new stuff for fun? Do you hear about a problem and just obsessed building a web app to solve it? If this sounds like your kind of play – we might be a great fit. 🙂
– Salaried position designed to grow with the company (seriously, try us).
– We want this to be your dream job – but we need your help (tell us how).
– We will advance your career like nobody else — stay with us for the long haul and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
– Results-oriented: Keep having fun and shipping code and you can design your day.
– We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
– We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and 401(k).
– Create and manage infrastructure in our multiple cloud providers systems like Heroku, Kubernetes on Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc. (we use all of them)
– Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices.
– Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
– Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
– Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
– Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
– Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
– Work with CI tools, and source control such as GIT
– If you also enjoy product development you can probably help out on the feature work too!
-A few years of running operations for web applications
-A few years of Ruby on Rails a major plus
-No specific education necessary. (really)
-Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic.
-You care — which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
-Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
-You’re kind and wily (in a good way).
Write to us about a recent time or two that you caused a production outage, what the root cause was, and what you learned from it.
For example; Troy our Founder shipped a typo in a class name in the early days and those are annoying because they might be easily missed in Development environment but then production blows up. This led to a more robust CI+Staging step than we had prior.
Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. 🙂
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Pay: DOE. Let’s Talk.