Hey Syncro Users,
Today we’re introducing a new way to customize your Syncro account even more: Contact custom fields.
Similar to Asset, Ticket, and Customer custom fields, Contact custom fields allow you to store specific information about a Contact each time you edit or create one. This can include information like passwords, IP addresses, etc. which are specific to each Contact you’ve created within a Customer.
Prior to this update, if you needed to create custom fields for Contacts to store specific information about them, these custom fields would appear under both the Contact and the Customer. The same logic applied if you wanted to have custom fields for Customers, but not for Contacts. Now, you have a much cleaner way to fine-tune the information you’d like to gather and keep things less cluttered within your account.
How to Set Up & Use Contact Custom Fields
- Log into your Syncro account and make your way over to the Admin center.
- Locate the “Customers” section. Then click on “Contact Custom Fields.”
- Click the “New Field” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and choose the field type you’d like to use. You’ll notice that you have the same options for Contact custom fields as you do for Assets, Tickets, and Customers.
- Click “Create Contact Field” once you’re done completing the information on the page.
- After setting up all of the Contact custom fields you’d like to use, you’ll notice that as you navigate to the Contacts tab within a Customer, the Customer’s custom fields do not appear within a Contact and instead the fields you’ve created for Contacts specifically are now available!
For more information, please review our Help Center article here. We hope you enjoy this easier way to parse and organize your Contact’s information, and look forward to hearing what you think. Feel free to email us with your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend,
The Syncro Team