Hey Syncro Users,
Today we’re sharing some new functionality and user experience changes to the Mailbox module in Syncro.
If you haven’t had the chance to check out the Mailbox module yet, you can view our Help Center article here to get started.
The quick version is that this powerful module is how you set up custom email addresses Syncro should use to send or receive email from. It allows you to do things like:
- Properly sort incoming emails by assigning them to a particular client, contact, technician, etc.
- Create Email Rules that automatically create a Lead or Ticket from inbound emails based on domain, subject line, etc.
- Much more!
We recently made some impactful time-saving changes to the Email Rule piece of the Mailbox module, which consist of:
- A new section within Customer Custom Fields that allows you to quickly and easily add a Customer’s email domain(s) to automatically create Email Rules. These will then filter incoming messages appropriately within your Syncro account.
- A new “Email Rules” section on the Customer Details page that lists out the current Email Rules you have set up for each domain.
- The ability to remove and/or edit Email Rules in a snap.
To see these changes in action, please make sure you have first enabled the Mailbox function by following the instructions here. Then, follow these steps:
- Log into your Syncro account and click on a Customer you’d like to filter messages from.
- Click the “Edit” button in the upper-right hand corner of the page.
- Click on the “Custom Fields” tab and locate the new “Email Domain(s)” section at the top of the page.
- Enter in any and all email domains for the Customer that you’d like to be able to parse out appropriately in Syncro. Be sure to click the “Save Changes” button in the upper right-hand corner of the page when you’re done.
- This action then automatically creates an Email Rule for each domain you added.
- To view all of the domains you’ve added for a particular Customer and manage the Email Rules associated with them, simply scroll down to the bottom of the Customer Details page and note the new “Email Rules” section.
- Here you will see if the domain Email Rule has “Subject Line” or “Contact Creation” automation rules associated.
- You can also delete Email Rules by clicking the red “x” next to a particular domain and/or edit the domain Email Rule by clicking on the title of the domain under the “Email Address” column.
The Syncro Team