This month may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean we’re slowing down on developing new Syncro features and capabilities for you.
We’re happy to share the release of 3rd Party Patch Management within Syncro Asset Policies today!
As technicians and business owners, you know the importance of making sure that your client’s devices are as up-to-date as possible so they’re thoroughly protected from vulnerabilities and issues.
Patch Management Policies allow you to do just that. Simply create and add a Patch Management Policy to an Asset Policy, and set it up to either:
- Install the application(s) automatically when that Policy is applied to an Asset
- Update the application(s) automatically if they are already installed on an Asset
- Do both!
Let’s take a look at how to set this up:
1. Open your Syncro account and navigate to the “Policies” module from either your top navigation or by going to the “More” tab and selecting “Policies.”
2. Click the “View Patch Management Policies” button on the upper right corner of the page.
3. Here you can view a list of your existing Patch Management Policies, including which Asset Policies they’re applied to. You can also edit them.
4. To create a new Patch Management Policy, click the “New Patch Management Policy” button on the top right.
5. Fill in a name and use the radio buttons to select which applications you would like to have automatically installed on Assets with this Policy, which applications you would like to automatically update, or both.
6. Click the “Save” button.
7. Head back over to the Policies module and create a new Policy via the “New Policy” button or edit an existing one by clicking on any one from the list. In this example we will edit an existing one.
8. Scroll down to the newly added “Patch Management” section and view saved Patch Management Policies within the dropdown menu.
HINT: You can also configure a new one by clicking on the “here” link, which will take you to the same Patch Management Policy configuration page you just created your new policy on.
9. Choose the Patch Management Policy you wish to apply to the Asset Policy from the dropdown menu, and be sure to click “Save Changes.”
Now any Assets with the Asset Policy applied will also receive the Patch Management Policy’s configurations as well!
To find out more about how to create and apply Policies within Syncro, visit our Help Center article here.
The Syncro Team